Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
- The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences in DHU is the living example of the future of healthcare, and this future is not simply something that our students, faculty, and staff hope to see one day. It offers well-structured academic programs at degree level, encompasses a variety of sub-disciplines, all of which relate to the application of science to health including the study of:
- Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery.
- Bachelor in Science in Midwifery.
- Bachelor in Public Health.
- Bachelor in General Nursing.
- Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Science.
- Bachelor in Nutrition Science.
The aim of the faculty is to improve the health of individuals and populations through education, research and practice. In Somalia the thirst for opportunities for career development in this sector is very apparent since our people have been trapped in the midst of prolonged civil strife and chaos which has unavoidably threatened to overwhelm the already precarious health care condition. Over the last three decades the ongoing civil war has destroyed all of the health-care and economic infrastructures in the country.
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the second and third batches of ladies just graduated as midwives from faculty of Health Sciences and first batch of graduates from Public Health and General Nursing Departments. As everywhere, convocation is the fruit of hard work and the Ultimate symbol of the achievement of students. It also bears testimony to the accomplishment of the students, their parents, the faculty and the management of the university as a whole. My hope for you is a learning experience that touches your heart and not just your mind.
Best wishes for a rewarding academic year.
Dr. Abdi Omar Ahmed
Dean of Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences